It's the end of your day, and your client is looking for an answer still.
You’re patiently waiting on your internal staff, who is already swamped and hasn’t given you the files yet.
The files come through.
You open them.
SERIOUSLY?! This is not what I asked for!
You knew you should have outsourced to an expert. You called it from the start, but was really attempting to put more faith in the internal staff. Boy, were you wrong. And now, you have a client to answer to.
When a group of people work together cohesively, towards a common goal, creating a positive working atmosphere, and supporting each other to combine individual strengths to enhance team performance.
How many times do you run into an instance when you had the time, but thought outsourcing a team for your marketing efforts would take to long? Surely your internal staff can help. They just have so much going on…
Well, this may help.
5 Ways To Improve your Outsourced Team
- Weigh All Options
- Your internal team may be swamped, but by taking the time to explain the need of your client or strategy to an outsourced team, can have your deadlines delivered on-time, and last minute reviews not so last minute.
- Routine Cadence Meetings
- Have a quick five to ten minute meeting at least once a week so you know what the priorities are, and where you can help move the process along.
- Find Out The True Deadline
- Often times clients want everything right away. When we ask them what they really want for a deadline, you’ll find that they end up having some wiggle room. Just ask.
- Set Monthly Goals
- When all you do is review all the daily/weekly projects you’ve got moving along with their deliverables and deadlines... they all start to run together. Give each team member one monthly goal outside of the daily projects. It keeps them focused, and looking outside the box on more than just the goal project.
- Generate “Off-The-Wall” Ideas
- Sometimes a project comes up that you know you or the internal staff just doesn’t have time for, but really would like to revisit. Jot it down! Perhaps your outsourcing team can do it for you, and then track and remind you of that idea. You’d be surprised how much you actually get done!